We are committed to helping the environment. Below are
1. For smaller chocolate orders, we use Foil Bubble Insulation Pouches which are 100% curbside recyclable. It keeps our chocolate cool and our insulation out of the landfill.
2. Our cloth ice packs are FDA approved, Leak-proof, and completely re-usable. Refreeze and use to keep your kids lunches cold or during your next road trip!
3. We use Green Cell Insulation Foam for larger chocolate orders. This insulation is made out of bio-based materials, completely biodegradable, compostable, dissolves in water, and burns clean. Dissolve the foam in water to feed your plants (makes great plant food!), use it to start your next campfire, or even put it in your sink and watch it melt away (it biodegrades in both seawater and freshwater!)
4. Our new chocolate packaging and gold foil is 100% curbside recyclable.
5. Our new Coffee Bags (coming soon!) are eco-friendly, 60% compostable, and made using renewable resources.
6. Moka Origins has partnered with the Himalayan Institute to initiate our Zero Waste Project. This project has allowed us to reduce our waste to an extreme minimum, and also allows us to give back to our local communities. All of our recyclables are sorted into categories, given to a local recycling facility, and used to create recycled park benches to be donated to the local community. Food waste and used coffee grounds are composted or donated to local farms, and we also have partnered with a local group who recycles styrofoam. With this initiative, we are able to donate 1 park bench every 6 months.
7. We plant one tree for every product sold. Check our our stats on our Impact Page
For other questions about our sustainability efforts and environmental impact, visit our FAQ page