Online Class & Kit - The Flavors of Single Origin Chocolate
- Date: Saturday Jan 8th. 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Lead by Jeff Abella, Co-Founder & CEO
- Live class over Zoom (link to be sent prior to class)
Tasting Kit Includes:
- 4 chocolate bars
- 4 roasted cacao beans
- Flavor wheel
- Tasting placemat
- Mission booklet
- Free shipping
Jeff Abella will spill the beans about each origin and share stories about the cacao - particularly why we have chosen to build relationships with farmers from various countries.
During the class we will taste the 4 different chocolates and learn why each flavor profile tastes uniquely different from origin to origin.
This tasting class will guide us on the basics of flavor and improve our overall ability to identify and characterize the flavors that we are experiencing while enjoying fine chocolate.
- Introduction to Moka Origins
- Overview of single origin chocolate
- Cacao 101
- How we make “bean-to-bar” chocolate
- Flavor basics
- Tasting and conversation